Thursday, October 4, 2012

Our Garden Adventure - 05

Load #2 of wood chips from Larry was waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday! Thanks Larry! Mr. Bob from across the street offered me his wheelbarrow and pitchfork to use. So kind. I think he's as excited as I am! And I have plenty of newspapers from our friends and neighbors.


Luke immediately conquered the mountain. This also gives you a good idea of how big this pile is!



Johnna mowed the areas that we plan to claim as garden.


It was a beautiful day for working outside!


After about 5 hours of work much was accomplished! Lots of water throughout the afternoon was a necessity. Johnna fixed a delicious lentil soup for dinner.

Still some more to do tomorrow before the rain comes this weekend.


The big pile is much smaller now! Just a few more hours in the morning.

The peas in the current garden are looking great! Makes me excited to think how much we'll harvest next spring, summer, and fall!



No comments: